Does any of this sound familiar?
- Feeling disjointed and unprofessional in your brand.
- Using fonts that are difficult to read, using multiple fonts or unsure on how to match any fonts to your brand because you’re overwhelmed.
- You have lots of brand colors.
- You’ve seen your logo, or a similar design, and now it feels generic af.
- Your messaging is unclear and all over the place.
- Late nights working on something that will just never feel done or ‘perfect.
- Lack of connection with your audience.
- Overwhelm. Just lots of overwhelm.
This is why expertise matters and why DIY can suck donkey balls and why it’s important to have a branding expert in your corner. Don’t get me wrong, DIY has a special place in my heart. There’s just always a time and place for it, know what I mean?
When you work with a brand expert, you’re working with someone who can help embody the personality of your business. Not only that, but an expert knows how to make your brand both visually appealing and functional. They understand typography, hierarchy, color theory, and how to put purpose behind your designs.
But here’s the real kicker: hiring a branding expert can save you time and money in the long run. YUP. Have you ever tried to DIY a leaky faucet, shitty hair cut or baking a fancy cake (love a good ‘nailed it’ meme).
While it may be tempting to go for a cheaper, less experienced designer or try to DIY your branding, you could end up making spendy mistakes or miss out on some opportunities. Don’t get me wrong, DIY holds a necessary place in all businesses, but it often times leads to lack luster results. A skilled designer can create effective branding right from the start helping save you expensive rebranding efforts in the future.
Don’t skimp on your branding efforts – choose a designer with expertise in brand design AND brand strategy to ensure that your brand stands out in today’s competitive marketplace. Trust me, your business, sanity and audience will thank you for it.