Your business needs customers and clients or it’s not going to be very fruitful. Your brand needs to know your target market or it won’t know how to connect with your customers and clients.
If you’re struggling with knowing your audience let alone trying to figure out how to create one, then you’re in the right space. To start, we’re going to build your client avatar.
This is a single person that will represent your audience as a whole. By doing this you’re creating a face for a group of people which helps relieve the pressure of talking to the masses. Instead of talking to everyone, we’re going to talk to one person. You ever see Ralph breaks the internet? Like talking to thousands of Ralphs, but also just one. Like that.
Side note – the movie name crew really missed the boat on that title. His name is wreck it Ralph, not break it Ralph. Why wouldn’t they name the movie Ralph Wrecks the Internet. Amateurs.
Let’s keep this short and sweet, mmkay?
- Grab something to write with/take notes with.
- Find a quiet space.
- Set a timer for 10-20 minutes.
- Close your eyes, take a deep breath. Now think about your dream customer or client. This can be based on a real person, or it can be someone that’s totally made up. But imagine someone who you love working with and you with there were hundreds of them that could buy your shit.
- Then I want you to think about what they look like, what their name is, how old they are, where they live, what their friends think about them and what they do in their spare time.
- Write this all down.
- This is your target market.
That’s the bulk of it. If you’d like a little more in-depth approach, check out this freebie. And if you’d like some assistance in the strategy, let’s connect.